Rezztek® and hockey tape are both applications for hockey stick blades, but they offer different features and benefits. Here's a comparison between Rezztek® and traditional hockey tape:
- Material: Rezztek® is a synthetic grip made from an ultra-thin, water-resistant material. It is designed to provide a super grip without the need for traditional hockey tape.
- Grip: Rezztek® offers excellent grip and tackiness, allowing players to maintain better control of the puck. It provides a consistent grip that doesn't change or gain weight during gameplay.
- Durability: Rezztek® is known for its durability and longevity. It's resistant to fraying and stays in place for a long time, even with frequent use.
- No residue: Unlike traditional hockey tape, Rezztek® doesn't leave any sticky residue on the blade when removed.
- Faster application: Rezztek® is applied directly onto the stick blade, eliminating the need for wrapping and re-wrapping with traditional tape.
- Customizability: Rezztek® allows adding team logos, player’s initials, or number, allowing players to customize their stick's appearance.
- Material: Hockey tape is typically made from a cloth-like fabric with adhesive backing.
- Grip: Hockey tape provides a good grip and feel for the puck. It helps players maintain control of the puck while stickhandling and shooting.
- Protection: Hockey tape helped to protect the wooden stick blades from wear and tear by providing a barrier between the blade and the playing surface. However, most of the sticks sold these days are one-piece composite sticks with durable blades.
- Traditional feel: Many players prefer the traditional feel of hockey tape and the way it impacts their stickhandling and puck control, especially those players that are superstitious or do not like changing their hockey equipment, even when it can enhance their performance on the ice.
- Affordability: Hockey tape is generally more affordable compared to Rezztek® or other grips on the market. However, tape needs to be replaced more often so it is not only about the price, but also about the time you need to spend taping and re-taping your stick almost every day.
Ultimately, the choice between Rezztek® and hockey tape comes down to personal preference. Some players prefer the feel and familiarity of traditional hockey tape, while others prefer the performance and longevity offered by a grip like Rezztek®. It's worth considering trying both options to see which one suits your playing style and preference the best.